General financial safety
- Whenever possible, choose to receive your billing statements electronically rather than through the mail.
- If billing statements must be mailed, be familiar with your statement delivery schedule and contact us immediately if a billing statement does not arrive as expected.
- Contact us immediately if a new or replacement credit card does not arrive in the expected timeframe.
- Never carry your Social Security card, birth certificate, or passport with you unless absolutely necessary.
- Don’t write your Social Security number or driver’s license number on mailed checks.
- Shred any documents containing sensitive personal or financial information.
- Don’t leave mail containing sensitive or financial information in an unsecure mailbox. Instead, drop it in a locked mailbox or a secure USPS container.