Important Information Regarding Electronic Communication
Read this information carefully and keep a copy for your records
Prior to applying for a HSN Credit Card account, Comenity Capital Bank requests your consent to provide you important information electronically.
- You understand and agree that Comenity Capital Bank may provide you with all required application disclosures regarding your HSN Credit Card account application in electronic form. These disclosures include, but are not limited to, Terms and Conditions, the Credit Card Account Agreement and Customer Privacy Statement.
- You agree to keep us updated at all times with your current contact information. If your contact information has changed please contact us at 1-888-724-6649 (TDD/TTY: 1-888-819-1918).
- This consent does not enroll you in paperless statements. In order to enroll in paperless statements, please visit Account Center.
- At your request, we will provide you with paper copies of these disclosures. You have the right to withdraw consent, without a fee. Please call us at 1-888-724-6649 (TDD/TTY: 1-888-819-1918) to withdraw your consent to receive electronic disclosures.
- We recommend that you retain a copy of these disclosures for your records.
If this is a kiosk, this kiosk will display the disclosures listed above. Printed copies can be obtained at the customer service desk.
Please review the Important Information and Terms about opening an account prior to submitting your application.
To apply you must:
- Be at the age of majority in your state or territory;
- Have a valid government-issued photo ID;
- Have a valid government issued tax identification number, such as a Social Security number (SSN) or Social Insurance Number (SIN);
- Have a street, rural route, or APO/FPO mailing address. We do not accept PO Box mailing addresses.
You agree that this application and any information you submit to Comenity Capital Bank may be shared with and retained by HSN.
Important Information about Opening an Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth or other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask for your driver's license or other identifying documents.
- ImportantCalifornia Residents:
- If you are married, you may apply for a separate account.
- ImportantOhio Residents:
- The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
- ImportantNew York, Rhode Island and Vermont Residents:
- We may order credit reports in connection with processing applications/solicitations and any update, renewal or extension of credit. Upon request, we will tell you the name and address of any consumer-reporting agency that furnished a report on you. You consent to the obtaining of such reports by signing or otherwise submitting an application or solicitation.
- ImportantWisconsin Residents:
- No provision of any marital property agreement, unilateral statement under Section 766.59 of the Wisconsin statutes or court order under Section 766.70 adversely affects the interest of the creditor, Comenity Capital Bank, unless the Bank, prior to the time credit is granted is furnished a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision when the obligation to the Bank is incurred.
If you have been preapproved, see below for details of your offer.
You can choose to stop receiving “prescreened” offers of credit from this and other companies by calling toll-free 1-888-567-8688. See Prescreen & Opt-out Notice below for more information about prescreened offers.
Prescreen & Opt-Out NoticeThis “prescreened” offer of credit is based on information in your credit report indicating that you meet certain criteria. This offer is not guaranteed if you do not meet our criteria. If you do not want to receive prescreened offers of credit from this and other companies, call the consumer reporting agencies toll-free, 1-888-567-8688; or write: Experian, PO Box 919, Allen, TX 75013; TransUnion, PO Box 505, Woodlyn, PA 19094; Equifax, PO Box 740123, Atlanta, GA 30374; SageStream, LLC, PO Box 503793, San Diego, CA 92150; Innovis, PO Box 495, Pittsburgh, PA 15230-0495.
Important Information for Covered Borrowers under the Military Lending Act
For New Accounts- Federal law provides important protections to members of the Armed Forces and their dependents relating to extensions of consumer credit. In general, the cost of consumer credit to a member of the Armed Forces and his or her dependent may not exceed an annual percentage rate of 36 percent. This rate must include, as applicable to the credit transaction or account: The costs associated with credit insurance premiums; fees for ancillary products sold in connection with the credit transaction; any application fee charged (other than certain application fees for specified credit transactions or accounts); and any participation fee charged (other than certain participation fees for a credit card account)
I am applying to Comenity Capital Bank for, and hereby request, a HSN Credit Card account for personal, family or household use. I hereby authorize Comenity Capital Bank to investigate my credit record. The information that I have supplied is true and correct. I agree that a credit report may be obtained for any lawful purpose, including in connection with the processing of an application, or subsequently with the update, renewal or extension of credit. Upon my request, I will be informed of whether or not a consumer credit report was ordered, and if it was, I will be given the name and address of the consumer-reporting agency that furnished the report. I agree to be bound by the terms of the HSN Credit Card account account agreement. I acknowledge that I will receive a HSN Credit Card account account agreement upon approval. I also acknowledge that there is no agreement between Comenity Capital Bank and me until Comenity Capital Bank approves my credit application and accepts the HSN Credit Card account account agreement at its office in Utah and that the HSN Credit Card account account agreement is deemed to be made in Utah. Credit Card are issued and credit is extended by Comenity Capital Bank, Salt Lake City, Utah.
By submitting this credit application, you are agreeing to the following with respect to certain consumer information about you.
You hereby authorize Comenity Capital Bank ("us" or "we") to furnish our decision to issue an account to you to HSN Credit Card account. You hereby authorize us to furnish, if your application is approved, information concerning your account to credit bureaus, other creditors and HSN Credit Card account.
Check your information before submitting. We cannot process any submission without a complete and accurate name, address, date of birth and social security number. By submitting this Application you are acknowledging having read and understood the Important Rate, Fee and Other Cost Information and, if approved, agreeing to be bound by them.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You may download it for free from Adobe.
|Facts||What does Comenity do with your personal information?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Comenity chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|To limit our sharing|
Our menu will prompt you through your choices:
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||This privacy notice is provided by the Comenity family of companies, including Comenity Bank and Comenity Capital Bank.|
|What we do|
|How does Comenity protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Comenity collect my personal information?|
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can't I limit all sharing?|
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?||Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.|
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
|Other important information|
|We also will comply with more restrictive state laws to the extent that they apply; for example, Vermont or California.|